Wednesday 13 December 2017

Dream 885

'Stolen Credit Card'
Date: 12 December 2017
Time: 07:30 - 08:45
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall 

Scene 1: A Bar/Restaurant - Day
I was in a bar or restaurant with 2 dream characters - a white male (tall, skinny, with short blondish-brown hair and stubble, wearing casual clothing) and a white female (small, skinny and blonde, wearing scruffy clothing). Both of these dream characters were drug-addicts, although I did not see them use drugs in the dream. I just knew that they used drugs. In the dream they were both acquaintances of mine. We were sitting at a table in some booth seating and I think we had some drinks. There was some conversation and after a short while I left - leaving a pink handbag with them to look after. I do not know why I left my bag rather than taking it with me. 

Scene 2: An Outside Area - Day
I was then with another person - a male friend who I know in real life, but who I cannot recall from the dream. I wanted to get my handbag back. We were walking in a normal suburban area (one I do not recognise from real life). It felt familiar to me in the dream. It was sunny. At some point, I became aware that my bank card and mobile phone were in my handbag, but I felt OK about this, because the 2 dream characters who I had left it with did not know my pin number. I decided to call my bank and did so (although I do not know whose phone I used, as my own was in my bag and I knew this because I was also worried that my phone might be stolen). I was informed that £220 had been taken from my account. I then realised that I have a contactless bank card and therefore it is not necessary to know my pin number. My bank told me that my card had been used to buy cannabis. I wondered if the cannabis had been bought from the bar/restaurant - as the seller must have an electronic card machine. I was really annoyed and asked the bank to refund me the money. I did not get an answer about this during this phone call, so I was left angry and frustrated. 

My friend and I went to find the 2 dream characters who had my bag. I was blaming myself for trusting them. We walked round the back of some buildings to a space which looked like a yard which had been uncared for. There were some garages and the concrete ground had weeds growing up through it, and was littered with broken furniture. The area was enclosed by a chainlink fence. I could see that a backdoor to a property was open. The building was red brick - like a terraced house - and the door was dark green with peeling paint. It looked like a squat. I knew this was where the dream characters lived. As I approached the door, I could no longer see the building, and I found the 2 dream characters sitting in a corner of 2 buildings, on a blanket on the concrete. This was their 'home'. I started telling them that they had to pay me back the money. The male denied that they had used my card and handed me back my handbag, which he told me he had been looking after. My phone was still inside. I was surprised that only £220 had been stolen from me - as this seemed to be quite restrained. I was arguing with the dream characters, but they would not accept responsibility for the theft of my money. 

I walked a short distance away, and while standing in the yard, called the bank again, explaining the situation to them. The bank agreed to refund the stolen money, which made me pleased.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 

  • I left my bag with 2 people I knew to be drug-addicts
  • The changing nature of my environment

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had called my credit card company and successfully convinced them to reverse a charge for late payment on my account, which made me feel pleased
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing credit card fraud with KU
  • On the day of this dream I had mentioned a friend who is a former drug addict while in conversation with KU
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing cannabis/prices in a general way (and referring to a previous housemate who was an former heroin user who had tried to establish himself as a weed dealer)
  • The day before this dream I had been watching an episode of Sugar Rush (2005) in which Sugar and Kim steal Kim's mum's credit card and go on a shopping spree as revenge for her infidelity

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was clearly influenced strongly by my Day Residue, as indicated above. I did not have any particular waking thoughts or emotions about this dream. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I came across your blog while looking up lucid dreaming. I’m on a journey to lucid dreaming as well and keep a little spiral bound journal. What are your biggest tips to achieving lucid dreams? I’ve been meditating and it has helped me remember my dreams more. Do you use any technique to achieve conscious control?

    ReplyDelete